Friday, January 8, 2010

Welcome to Ancestral Knowledge!

Welcome to Ancestral Knowledge, a World of Warcraft blog dedicated to all things shaman. I’m Rul and I’ll be your guide.

What You Can Expect to Find Here
This blog is heavily inspired by Dreambound Druid, created and maintained by my guildmate and fellow healer, Kaelynn. I hope to blend the same mix of class commentary, raiding discussion and reflections on life in general. I may even toss in some RP (lol) as the mood strikes!

About Me
I am currently living in Vancouver, British Columbia and am working towards a graduate degree in game design. I have been playing WoW for just over 5 years now and have been raiding for a majority of that time. I have played almost exclusively in a healer role, starting as a priest before switching to a shaman shortly before the release of The Burning Crusade. During my time as a raider, I have served a significant portion of it as either an officer or a guild leader of successful progression-oriented 40- and 25-man raiding guilds, and have more recently made the switch to focus on small-scale content. I am currently an active member of Vortex, one of the top 10-man strict guilds in the US.

While I am intimately familiar with the Restoration tree (including many of the changes made to it over the years), with the advent of dual-specializations I have started to become a lot more comfortable with the Elemental side of the class as well. I’m still learning the ropes when it comes to maximizing DPS, but I’m coming along well and have a pretty good handle on the basic mechanics of the spec.



Thanks for visiting and hopefully you enjoy your stay!

3 comments: